Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Five Days

Five days since my last post.  I was afraid that I wouldn't be very consistent in the beginning.  My schedule is pretty unpredictable and sometimes I have more stuff going on than I need to.  That keeps me from taking the time just stop and write something, though I have made a few brief posts on a couple of other blogs.

I changed my job back in August.  My last job-site was 8 miles from my house.  Now, with my new position, I am driving 60 miles each way.  That has really stretched my work day out quite a bit.  Since my move, I have been looking for a new house closer to my job.  I want to try to split the driving distance equally for my wife and for me.  This puts our potential home options close to a resort area, so you can guess what the property values/prices are like.  Everything that we like is priced higher than a cat's ass.  The stuff in our price range isn't fit to live in.  Things aren't progressing quite like I expected.  I guess with people buying houses that they couldn't afford in the first place means that they are still wanting to recoup some of their property value, even though very few people can afford them.  A realtor told me that the people that do have the money for these high dollar homes aren't spending any money because of this awesome economic recovery that we're going through.  With no real home buying options out there now, I have been working around the house trying to get it ready to put on the market.  It's tough trying to decide what the right amount of work is necessary to get a house fixed up to the point that when people look at it that they see potential.  I'm afraid that I'll put more money in it than I can ever get back out of it.

I'm sleepy.  I'm headed of to bed for some rest.  Maybe I can get a regular posting schedule worked out.  Please don't give up on me yet!

Blue Steel

2 comments:

  1. Relax.
    Life happens, and taking care of yourself and your family should always come first.

    Blog when you've got something rolling around in your head that needs to come out; don't worry about schedules or how long it's been since your last post.
    My grandmother had a pretty little plate on the wall that said, "This is my house and I'll do as I damn well please." Wise woman.

    Best of luck on the housing situation.

    Regards,
    Rick

    ReplyDelete